Austin Voices Stand Up for Schools 2019
This event has already passed by. Sorry.
Event DescriptionSTAND UP FOR SCHOOLS 2019 FUNDRAISER
Benefiting Austin Voices for Education and Youth
Our 2019 event includes:
Parent, Student and Community Partner Awards
AVEY Hall of Fame Induction
Keynote Speaker: To Be Announced Soon
Raffle Drawing: Pair of 2019 of SXSWedu Passes
BECOME A TABLE SPONSOR FOR $1,000!
- Recognition and logo as a sponsor in all promotion materials, recognition at event and logo in the program if sponsorship received by Friday, February 22, 2019
- Recognition in the press release
- Business logo on table at event
- Recognition and logo on AVEY website
BECOME AN EVENT SPONSOR!
Sponsor: <$1,000Star Sponsor: <$1,500
Champion Sponsor: <$2,000
Paramount Sponsor: <$5,000
Please contact Gabriel Estrada at email@example.com for additional information.
"STAND UP FOR SCHOOLS" RAFFLE! (Closed on Feb.15)Win a pair of 2018 SXSWedu Passes!
• 4 Days of Panels, Keynotes and Q&A Sessions on the Hottest Topics in Education
• Online Schedules and Special Events
• Unlimited Networking Opportunities with the Top Minds in Education
• Official SXSWedu Opening Reception
Just $20 per ticket enters you in the raffle!
Only 500 raffle tickets will be sold.
All proceeds benefit the ongoing work of Austin Voices for Education and Youth.
1. Sponsor. Austin Voices for Education and Youth (the “Sponsor”) is a nonprofit organization under Section 501 C(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
2. Cost. Ticket cost is as follows: 1 ticket for $20; 2 tickets for $35 dollars; 8 tickets for $100. Tickets are non-refundable.
3. Prize. The prize includes all of the benefits described above for two Badges to the 2019 SXSWedu Conference, courtesy of SXSW, Inc. Total value of the prize is approximately $750. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.4. Eligibility. The Raffle is open to legal residents of the State of Texas, United States, who are physically located in the State of Texas, United States and who are 18 years of age or older as of February 12, 2019, at noon. The Raffle is void where prohibited. Employees and Directors of the Sponsor and their immediate families or members of their households are not eligible to enter. Immediate family is defined as, through either blood or marriage, one degree of familial relationship (including in-laws and step-family), such as your spouse, your siblings, your parents, and your children. Immediate family does not include other family members (including in-laws and step-family), such as grandchildren, grandparents, nieces, or nephews.
5. Maximum Number of Tickets. An individual may purchase up to a maximum of 20 tickets.
6. Information. Tickets must be filled out in the name of a single individual. All required information must be completed including the purchaser's name, complete address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address (if available), and telephone number. From the pool of purchased tickets, two raffles will be held separately for prize (a) and prize (b).
7. Conditions. All eligible entrants may only enter via the Sponsor’s ticket purchasing methods and provide the information as described herein. Tickets may also be purchased over the internet. Internet purchase will require a $20, $35, or $100 payment to Austin Voices for Education and Youth and completion of the registration form. Incomplete entries are void. By entering, entrants acknowledge and affirm compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Neither Sponsor nor advertising and promotion agencies are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. No copies, facsimiles or reproductions of entries will be accepted.
8. Determination of Winner. The winner will be selected at a random drawing among all eligible entries received by February 15. The drawing will be held at the Austin Voices office, 5221 Ledesma Rd., Austin, TX 78721 at 4 pm on February 15th. The winner will be contacted by email and phone. In the event a winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond within 14 days, or declines the prize, an alternate winner will be selected. If not claimed within 14 days of notification, the winner designee will forfeit any rights to the prize and the same will be awarded to an alternate winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and release, which must be completed and returned within four (4) days of issuance of notification, or an alternate winner will be selected. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Raffle is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents.
9. Release and Waiver. By participating in the Raffle, each participant and the winner waives any and all claims of liability against Austin Voices for Education and Youth, its employees and agents, the Raffle’s Sponsors and their respective employees & agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Raffle, or from the use of the prize.
10. Deadline. Online ticket sales will cease at 3 pm, February 15, 2019.
11. Proceeds. 100% proceeds from the Raffle will benefit Austin Voices for Education and Youth.
12. Taxes. All applicable federal, state and local tax associated with winning the prizes in the Raffle will be the sole responsibility of the winners. The winners shall be provided a 1099 form for income tax purposes because the value of each prize exceeds $500. Taxpayers cannot take a charitable deduction for money paid to purchase raffle tickets from nonprofit organizations.
13. Governing Law. This Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. All disputes surrounding the Raffle and any prize awarded hereunder will be subject to the substantive laws of Texas. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
14. Trademark Disclaimer. Sponsor is not affiliated with South by Southwest, Inc. (the “Prize Maker”). The trademarks, logos and products are the property of the Prize Maker, and sponsor does not in any way claim to represent or own any such rights of the Prize maker. The Prize Maker does not own, endorse, promote or sponsor or any of sponsor’s websites.
15. General. Winner consents to the use of his or her name, biographical information, photographs and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes relating to the raffle without additional compensation, except where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winner.
March 4, 2019